Senior Python Software Engineer
We're looking for a razor-sharp Senior Python Software Engineer to help us quickly scale our growing suite of successful products, while also playing a key role in defining our design practices and how we architect our solutions.
Our stack includes -- but is certainly not limited to the following technologies: Python, Django, AngluarJS, PostgreSQL, and Linux (CentOS). You’ll have a suite of development weaponry from which to choose: Macbook Pro, Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora -- or whatever else you’d like!
Our infrastructure is ran entirely out of AWS, and we currently utilize EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, ElastiCache, Elastic Search, Redshift, and a few more. We use Bitbucket Server (git) as our SCM, and Bamboo for builds and CI. We currently have over 60 EC2, and 30 RDS instances running in AWS.
The technology department you’d be joining consists of 16 people internally with 4 outsourced engineers. Don’t worry: the outsourced engineers are local to California, and work from Fresno. Our company is growing quickly, and we have 36 total employees, making our in-house technology team account for 45% of the company’s total size. Not a bad technology investment...
Our culture and environment is very much team-driven. We decide everything from the frameworks we use to project management methodologies as a team. Nothing is set in stone, and we’re always open to testing and especially giving new ideas a chance. If you see areas for improvement both in code or in our culture, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape us for the better.
At Enervee, You…
- Be a code monkey
- Work 60+ hour weeks
- Be expected to deliver on expectations you did not agree to
- Work with “rock stars” who believe their way is the only way (so, deal with it!)
- Be a team player in a flat-structured, highly collaborative, lean environment
- Shape our design practices on how we build software
- Be a critical part of how we architect solutions
- Mentor and coach your peers to help them become better engineers
- Gain invaluable experience that will allow you to be promoted into new positions that align with your career goals
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of experience
- Expert level familiarity with computer science concepts such as OOP, Data Structures, Algorithm Design and Optimization, System Architecture, and Design Patterns
- Extensive experience with Python and the Django framework
- Experience with PostgreSQL or similar relational databases
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with one or more Python testing frameworks
- The chance to jump into the trenches with an exceptional team that cares deeply about our work, planet and virtually all of its inhabitants
- Very fine coffee, nutritious and utterly delicious snacks, catered lunches, and an awesome work environment a brisk dog's walk away from the beach
- Truly competitive benefits and stock options in a fast growing start-up
- Unlimited PTO (so you can unleash the extreme wit you'll acquire working with us on your defenseless friends and family)