Controller | SaaS | eCommerce
Reporting to the VP of Finance, Enervee is seeking a Controller to provide hands-on accounting operational support for our company. You will need to be both a team leader and strong individual contributor who takes full responsibility for accurate and timely financial data.
Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing company. Read on for more details.
What You'll Do:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Manage the entire month end closing, reconciliation and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and drive necessary financial policies, procedures, and internal controls and play a leading role in directing change initiatives and process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, regulatory requirements, and GAAP, as well as local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure appropriate controls are incorporated in the development of new systems with a relentless focus to ensure systems are both efficient and scalable (currently on Quickbooks)
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Five plus years of experience in public/private accounting preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks and helping with transition to custom accounting software
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Some supervisory experience is also preferred.
- Proven track record in improving, implementing and documenting processes to support growth, improve quality and reduce complexity. Ability to gain the support of the organization for process improvement recommendations using good planning and influencing skills and provide training and coaching to support the transition
- Prior Big 4 public accounting experience
- Previous Supervisory or Management experience
- Startup experience
- Passion for healthy eating, the environment and doing good
What You'll Get:
- A competitive compensation package, stock options, and full health benefits
- A consistently positive vibe within the office, and an excellent culture that grows increasingly more diverse with each new addition to the team
- Unlimited PTO (with no side-eyes involved when you actually use it)
- The opportunity to quickly reap rewards for high performance