Senior Writer & Editor | Energy Efficiency (EUROPE)
‘Those who tell - and live - the best stories will rule the world.’
The aforementioned line is off the cover of Joan Sachs’ best-selling book from HBR Press, ‘Winning the Story Wars’. We genuinely believe Enervee has one of the greatest stories to tell. We’re a young company with a big mission to change the way we all shop for appliances and energy-consuming products for our homes. We do this by bringing together data science, behavioral science and digital marketing to make the most efficient choice the easiest and most engaging choice. Our story is already a heady mix of big numbers and simple insights: We’re touching 47 million households (that’s more than 1 million per employee), we know that Republicans shop for washers differently to Democrats (bizarre but true) and we helped Barack Obama look for a new fridge-freezer (even more bizarre, but still true).
We’re looking for someone to join our team, as a Senior Writer and Editor, to help shape and deliver our story more effectively, consistently and creatively to our growing list of stakeholders. This role is a unique opportunity for someone to help set the tone, style and substance of a fast-growing and award-winning tech and behavior company, that is becoming a leading voice of energy efficiency.
We work with leading energy companies across the US and Europe, and we talk daily to regulators, policy makers, academics, consultants ... and all of us as consumers.
This position is within the Insight and Outreach Team and would report to the group’s Vice President. Your work will span consumer and client-facing collateral, as well as regulator-facing white papers, experimental design papers, and academic journal publications.
*This post could be located in either Enervee’s US headquarters office (Los Angeles) or Europe.
In this role your writing duties will include:
- Producing content i.e., customer newsletters, product buying guides, and new copy, for Enervee's website and email marketing programmes
- Producing new marketing collateral - offline and online - for existing and new products and services e.g. new market launches
- Writing press releases
- Leading and updating copy and content on Enervee’s website
- Writing mainstream companion pieces for our academic/research papers
- Writing and posting content to the Enervee blog and other b2b channels
As Editor, your duties will include:
- Copy-editing reports, white papers and other thought leadership pieces
- Overseeing scheduling and production of existing Enervee collateral such as The Enervee Quarterly and The Enervee Monthly Digest
- Management of the Enervee blog, as well Enervee’s press and media rooms
- Ensuring consistency in terms of content and tone across all of Enervee’s outputs
- Creating, delivering and owning new communication assets as and when the opportunities arise
What You Need to Bring:
- 5+ years experience in a copywriting/writing/editing role with proven impact
- The ability to respond accurately and efficiently to a brief
- A proven ability to write for digital marketing consumer campaigns
- Strong SEO skills
- Experience of working directly with clients
- Ability to work across diverse teams, sometimes with complex analysis
- Ability to recognise and understand distinct needs and opportunities from diverse external stakeholders
- Desire to work in a fast-moving, hands-on environment, sometimes with tight deadlines
- A level of comfort working within what at times can appear to be a highly technical/engineering focused-environment
- Ability to work remotely at times
Things That Would Be Very Useful:
- An understanding of the energy efficiency landscape (policy, trends, etc)
- Direct experience working with research/academic teams
- Having professional working proficiency in a non-English European language
What You’ll Receive In Return:
- The chance to jump into the trenches with an exceptional team that cares deeply about our work, planet and its inhabitants
- Truly competitive benefits and stock options in a fast growing start-up
- Unlimited PTO